7.03.2011

The 4th of July: A Family Dinner discussion (HuffPo Family Dinner Talk)

I hope everyone is having a safe and fun 4th of July weekend.  I thought this article was important enough to re post.  Many of us parents will take our kids to cookouts and to see fireworks but its important we don't forget to educate and instill in our children the reason we celebrate the 4th of July or Independence Day.  4th of July is an important holiday to me... one of my favorite holidays. After God and family,  country is the next most important thing to me.  I love my country and and thankful to live in and raise my boys in the greatest country in the world.   I want my boys to come to enjoy the holiday as well.. but I also want them to understand the history and tradition behind it  and why we celebrate it. If they come to understand that.... then they will come to appreciate the history and heritage of this country. 

Right now they are a little young to understand who John Adams is or what a Constitutional Convention is.... but in time I will explain all those things to them....    I think for the time being a good parade and some fireworks will get them going in the right direction.

Again,  I hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday.   Happy 4th of July from ours to you and yours.

Thanks for reading,

Dad-E  


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/01/july-4th-table-talk_n_888013.html

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share & Enjoy

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More