11.01.2010

Pic or Treats....

Today was one of those days that as a parent... you just have to grin and bear it....   and say to yourself.... "Don't sweat the small stuff" Because if you don't remind yourself of this ,you'll go crazy...

Spiderman is out of web.... had to hitch a ride...
So a dear friend of mine(Thanks Mina) had forwarded me a coupon for a great deal at PicturePeople ...  $9 for six photo sheets.... ($75 value)  Of course I didn't want to pass this up and I had scheduled WiMi for a sitting..    This was my 3rd attempt in 2 weeks to get them to sit for photos....    I should have checked the alignment of the moon and planets... because it just was not in the cards for photos to happen.   First we show up 40 min late for our session,  we don't have the coupon, and Wm. had a stinky diaper by the time we had got there.  I had actually called before and was going to give up our "seat" because I didn't think we were going to make it on time.... but they told us to come anyway and they'd squeeze us in.  Well once I get there they tell me they MUST have the coupon... which I didn't have.....so they say if I can bring it up on my phone that would be fine.  So we're half-way there...  So after all that , she tells us we'll be using studio 3 which was in the back behind this big gray curtain....  I was already seeing the anxiousness in WiMis eyes..   Well as we get closer to the back.. they have a fit like no one's business.   They just aren't having it... no photos....  Which is so ironic because I must have close to 10K photos...      At one point , there were 4 photographers involved and a couple other customers even trying to convince the boys to come to the back-drop for a photo...   Well they finally calmed down but just still not up for photos...    I just kept thinking to myself...."Seriously boys?  Not one pic for daddy?"  I even promised them a trip to Build-a-bear if they took a pic... but that didn't work either...  

Well it started getting to a point where they had to get ready for the next session.... I could sense it.  I must have really had a look of frustration on my face  as another parent came over and attempted to console me... rubbed my shoulder and said... "it's okay....  they all go through this phase"     I just sighed.   I felt a bit dejected...  Not much anyone was going to say that would make me feel better.   One of the photographers did tell me on the D.L.  that she did free-lance work and would come out to the boys and shoot them.... she said some kids just aren't "studio kids"     I guess that's my boys.   I might have to take her up on her offer.

Just "too cool" for Halloween... 


My hero....
I stayed a bit frustrated not for too much longer...    I remember as we went past the Lego store and Wm pointing.... I just gave him that look....  like  "don't even..."    It was quite interesting for the next few minutes.... It's like the boys knew or felt they had let me down...  they didn't say much....  I didn't say much as we strolled through the mall.  But then we got to the pretzel stand... which had Icees...  and of course that 's when it hit me....    Don't sweat the small stuff...     I didn't get my pics that I so covet... but I have over 10K photos that I've taken that have captured the boys at some of their best moments..      I saw the look in my boys eyes as the gazed mesmerized at the Icee machine....     "I can't stay mad at these guys...."    "Two cherry Icees and some pretzel sticks please"     Oh the look of satisfaction on their faces when they took those first sips....   Didn't have an opportunity for a photo...  but it was a picture-perfect moment that will stay in my heart for a long time"

Love you anyway Wimi!

Thanks for listening

Big-E (of 2 Smalls) 


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share & Enjoy

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More