10.19.2010

Just another Monday...

Today was just another typical Monday...   I try to take it easy on Mondays and WiMi and I stay pretty low-key either hanging around the house or running short errands....

Today it was a brief trip to Target to get diapers and to the park.  Oh did I mention that I broke my brand loyalty to Pampers and decided to try the Target house-brand?  I don't know if the boys are putting them on E-bay at night or what... but the are going through a box of 70 Pampers a week. So I decided to try the Target brand where you get 120 for the same price.  A mom in the diaper aisle was picking them up and I asked how they held up and she said that they did okay...  So I thought I'd try anything once.  WiMi seemed to like the different polka-dot pattern on them.  I figure if they don't hold up it was only a $20 experiment and I'll go back to Pampers brand diapers.

"Where's our *#(@ food?!

After Target it was to their favorite park as usual. I think the ducks/geese will go hungry as it gets closer to winter and we don't go to the park.  One interesting thing that happened was that with all the kids playing on the playground...my boys were the two only black kids and some other parent still asked me "which were mine"  I pointed at Wm and Michael out and she kind of blushed saying ...."of course"

The curly-headed one is with me.
Finally back at home-base...  diaper change and the nap-time.  Not so easy today as the boys slept in a little later than usual.  They tend to feed off of each other... but if I can get one to settle down the other will soon follow suit.  Some days when they nap I'll put them down... put today I just held them on my lap.... all 60 combined lbs....      They both have developed there own sleeping habits....  Wm likes to sleep cradled close with his head pressed against my chest while Michael on his knees with head resting on my shoulders... this can prove to be quite awkward at times,  but I manage.  It's amazing how they've progressed from my manipulating how they nap on my lap to THEM manipulating how they nap...  

Well today was an easy day.... things shift gears on Tuesday....and they won't let me off so easy.  It'll be full speed ahead... Target diapers and all...

thanks,

Dad-E

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share & Enjoy

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More