12.15.2010

Warm spirits....



It's been a challenge these past few days keeping Michael and Wm. occupied with the in-climate weather.  It's been a lot of Thomas the Train books,  Thomas the Train on tv...and of course playing with Thomas the Train...  the boys have taken quite a liking to TTT these days....  but I'm not upset, glad to see them finding a general theme and sticking with it....

Being inside with them for a majority of the day has given me an opportunity to see them from a different perspective.  Just me and them I really get a chance to watch as their personalities develop.  Both rambunctious... but Michael is becoming quite the leader I think sometimes....  cooperative and also wanting to make sure Wm is on the same page as well.... if it's lunch time....  "Illiam.... Illiam!"  he shouts...  (hasn't quite mastered enunciating "William"   Which he himself is emerging as quite the intellectual.... like clock-work Wm will go grab a book (usually Thomas The Train) and let you know it's story time.  I don't have a curriculum.... but I do try to maintain some structure , we work hard, play hard... that's my motto. 

So today there were so must-do errands , so we decided to bundle up and brave the cold....  I don't think the boys seemed to mind...  I could have stayed in if I could.  But they couldn't wait to get out....  they love the snow.  First it was a stop by the bank where they always charm the tellers... I know where to go when I want a home loan... then to Once Upon a Child to look for sleds(no luck)  then of course to our favorite spot... Target.  I tell you that place is no fun during Christmas... and I think even the boys got a little frustrated... just didn't seem like the same place. It took us 10 minutes just to find a parking space... in the middle of the day.  People are in such a rush.... I can usually let the boys out of the cart and roam close to me... but it was just too much traffic today....   and people were rude of course...    Even the cashiers were not as nice , which usually is not the case.  But oh well... we picked up our incidentals for the week.... looked at the lights...and had lunch and hot chocolate at the Starbucks/Pizza Hut.


After that it was to pick up drycleaning....  and because it was near so close to the nearby park the boys thought for sure that we were going to feed the ducks....something that had become an everyday ritual during the summer.  I knew it was about 20 degrees, but they wouldn't let up.  I really didn't think the duck would be there so I thought I'd humor them and drive through the park and say ..."see the ducks are gone bye bye..." But lo and behold.... there they were...  ducks, geese, whatever the heck they were.  So amazing to see the boys get so excited about the ducks as they did so many days in the summer.  We parked for a minute...but I should have guessed that would never be enough...  They squirmed in their car-seats and let me know they wanted to see the ducks...   So I let them out and told them they had THREE minutes...    That was more for myself... I didn't think I could handle more than that...    But these guys certainly could.   Once out they were like escape convicts and gave the ducks/geese  a run for their money.  I'm like... "don't these guys realize its 23 degrees?"   I guess sometimes you gotta let boys be boys....  They ran around the park like it was the middle of August...  I don't know how.  after about 10 min ... I finally said enough was enough and it was time to call it a day.   It was interesting being at the park in the dead of winter though.... the place where I had watched the boys run free day after day during the summer.  It seemed so weird.

Well tomorrows' another day... another cold day.... I don't think I can take another 10 min in the park...so I will have to come up with more INDOOR activities to keep these two occupied....  These two warm spirited boys....

Thanks,

Thaw-Ed

P.S.  Sorry for the spacing..... I'm working on that...  If someone know how I can fix it let me know...


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share & Enjoy

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More