9.21.2010

Why FatherEd... yet another take... (repost)

Not sure if I'm following "blog protocol".... but I'm re-posting one of my favorite posts as it explains how I came to the title of my blog "FatherEd"   Well as I've got more into the "groove" with this and learned more about myself and my boys ... I've found yet another "double entendre" that contributes to the  title. 

Well if you have an open mind you can look at it from three perspectives....

Here's how Websters defines "fathered"
 

v. fa·thered, fa·ther·ing, fa·thers
v.tr.
1. To procreate (offspring) as the male parent.
2. To act or serve as a father to (a child).
3. To create, found, or originate.
4. To acknowledge responsibility for.
5.
a. To attribute the paternity, creation, or origin of.

I'd like to believe I meet the criteria to fulfill this definition.  But not only that, but its indicative that I myself was "fathered".  It's my belief that if you are nurtured, loved, and have discipline instilled in you by the most important man in your life, this will lay a foundation for how you progress throughout life and also help you one day become a good father yourself.  This is what I'm  trying to do for my sons William and Michael....   father them and also set a glide path and example of what they should be when they one day father their own children   I'm a daddy at heart....  but a father by choice.  I will do all I can to be the best father I can to them.

The 2nd reason I chose it is purely meant to be a double entendre. Fathered or Father Ed. See....you just have to open your mind and your eyes.  Being a father certainly has opened mine.

 Lastly, as I've learned more about myself.... and my boys, as well as the challenges, obstacles, and experiences of fatherhood....  I also hope that others... particularly other fathers or fathers to be can learn from my experiences that I share through my stories as well...  sort of view this as  father "Ed-ucation"  or Father Ed 101.  lol  

See ya!
Father "Ed"

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share & Enjoy

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More